Harvesting resilient wheat
by John Bruun, University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
This was a heritage type of wheat that matured well and with its taller stems it grew well through the dry and hot summer of 2018.
The bread made from this tastes very good.
Learning from this can help inform adaptive and local community food production techniques and is of global relevance.
Taken on 9
Submitted on 12 February 2019
- Atmospheric Sciences (819)
- Biogeosciences (512)
- Climate: Past, Present & Future (640)
- Cryospheric Sciences (631)
- Energy, Resources and the Environment (282)
- European Geosciences Union (291)
- Field (2630)
- Historical (141)
- People (282)
- Soil System Sciences (818)
- Europe (3323)
- Northern Europe (780)
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (162)
- Exact location (-3.7114 W, 50.4507 N)
Credit: John Bruun (distributed via imaggeo.egu.eu)
Click to appreciate