Stratification With Unconformity Surface
by Metwally Hamza, Full Geologist, Egypt
- This picture was taken in "El-Galalla Plateau Formations", along the new road of "Marine El-Galalla Plateau", above the red sea by "750m" almost, Suez, Eastern North of Egypt, Egypt, Northern Africa, Africa.
- That's notable to be mentioned, there are some factors of stratification, meaningly or some barometers to say -exactly not almostly- that formation or rock unit is stratification or lamination, the most six ones of this factors are sequencely, Color, Chemical Composition, Mineralogical Composition, Fossil Content, Size, and Sequence of strata.
- Note that, lamination is a small stratification, or lamina is very smaller than stratum, meaningly the scale of lamina is millimetres, but that of stratum is centimetres, but also that of bed is meters or may be kilometres.
- This type of unconformity surfaces is paraconformity or also called pseudoconformity, as two strata, located above and below unconformity surface are parallel -exactly- to each other.
Taken and Itemized by Metwally Hamza.
Submitted on 26 Mar 2020
- Africa (311)
- Northern Africa (124)
- Egypt (53)
- Exact location (32.5360 E, 29.9787 N)
Download original file
2560 × 1536 px; image/jpeg; 1.4 MB
Credit: Metwally Hamza (distributed via imaggeo.egu.eu)
Click to appreciate